Tomorrow is today. Do you sense the fierce urgency of now?
Now. It’s elusive and slippery. Now. It’s all we have—and it’s going by fast. Stuck in our head, preoccupied with “he said, she said,” we miss the moment that we’re in. Poof. It’s gone, never to happen again.
How do we show up right now? How do we not miss this moment? These questions and more drive me into my daily body-mind practices. They also drive me to share my insights every day.
When it comes right down to it, most people experience a nagging sense of urgency that their life is flying by. Day, weeks, months seem to slip through our fingers like sand.
How do we put the brakes on this runaway train called life? While I don’t have the magic pill, I have found these practices to be effective.
How To Get On With Your Life
- Get Curious About You– Know your state of being. How do you feel right now? Are you frustrated, excited, content or sad? Name it. Also, become familiar with your patterns, habits and limiting beliefs. What drives you? What makes you say what you say and do what you do? Get to know you better.
- Be Honest– Admit to yourself (out loud and in writing) what is working for you and what is not. If drinking wine every night gives you a headache every morning then stop drinking wine every night (Speaking from experience). You know how great you feel when you get enough sleep. Make sleep a priority by turning off NetFlix an hour earlier. Get underneath your excuses and let the truth sting you.
- Cultivate and Cut – Embrace what is essential to your wellbeing and get rid of the rest (kindly and with compassion). Start small, with the little stuff like the six-dollar coffee or gossiping around the water cooler. Overtime you’ll become more aware of the bigger issues holding you back and will be ready to tackle the big issues.
I’m inspired by this investigation. It drives me to teach. I’m inspired to inspire you to get out of your head and get on with your life because it’s going by fast—really fast.
Mentions and More
- TED Talk – Simon Sinek
- Speech – I Have A Dream by Martin Luther King Jr.
- My new course on Insight Timer for only $5: 10 Strategies for Living in Flow
For more on my teachings read On The Verge: Wake Up, Show Up and Shine