Neuroscientists support that our brains are trainable. We can “teach an old dog new tricks.” We can strengthen our mental capacities like we strengthen our physical muscles and instead of picking up a set of dumbbells to get stronger, we use mindfulness practices and strategies.
- Experience more clarity and vitality
- Build resilience to challenge and uncertainty
- Shift mental and physical states from negative to positive
- Build focused attention and notice habitual distraction
- Recognize unproductive patterns in self and environment
- Cultivate emotional intelligence and compassion